Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's eve

The stories of the day were talking inside my head when I left office.
The Sardar Sarovar dam was finally fully constructed. Against all the voices which had been long stashed away into the worthless 'rabid activist' category.
Missing children of Nithari were finally found. Only, as skeletons in some psychopath landlord's backyard. And police admits there was 'some laxity'
And the big story.
After a tyrant became a martyr, after a ego maniacal super power decides to leave the leave the final decision to the country it had help liberate comes a story on the human face of Saddam.
So with all this, no wonder the air was heavy. There was lot of activity. The mass/public/common man was on the streets. They were everywhere, scurrying, speeding, just somehow wanting to be there when things actually change.
Sitting on the side of MG road and Brigade road, was the famous New Year's eve celebration.
It reminded me of all the times I sat, waiting for things to happen.
Waiting for some invisible push that would suddenly propel me into doing what I have always claimed I wanted to do.
And so I reach home, raise a toast with my friends to money.
The push that will take me away from the class that waits to the class that could not care enough to wait?

3 Comments:

Blogger rama srinivasan said...

your cynical self seeks to extract itself from all the abstractness and face the reality? only, i don't believe in the 'reality' any more than u do...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Beq said...

Its all right ma

6:09 AM  
Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

well tell you what, dont wait just go and push.

what goes around comes around or so it seems.

never tried it tho, but if you do, do let me know :)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home