Monday, September 25, 2006

Living in the red

It is very simple. Even, most people who call themselves disorganised managed to do it right. But when at ungodly hours, I drag my bike along isolated roads, looking for 24-hour petrol bunks, I know something is wrong with me.
It is then that i feel like the needle on the fuel indicator that has been veering around the 'red' area. It has been a short life, I think, but nevertheless it is flashing in front of my eyes. From one end of the red to the other, never in the white, mind you.
Yes, I know totally well how it is to be that needle.
The red is where I live. The brink chases me and I race just a little bit more.
And each time when the brink has crossed me and looks back triumphantly it finds me...
Staring at the phone that is not more than an alarm.
Digging into the innards of my bag/purse searching desperately for the money that I probably have forgotten about.
Pushing my bike.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nandhu said...

u shuld connect to jimmy the kid from this blog and stop writing poems.
they are not good for u.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Dex said...

Ha, ha. Searching in your bag for money that isn't there. That's my story indeed.

8:07 AM  
Blogger rama srinivasan said...

who is to tell you not to write poems in your blogs. thought the editors were left back in the office spaces. why do they chase you in the virtual world? sorry i see red!
i dig desparately into my jeans' pockets every week in the hope of some redemption. heavens help me when i start riding a bike

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home