Tuesday, January 09, 2018

India, mine too

The difference between the West and the East (only India, and I choose to say East) as the way I view it now is that the West has had many more confrontations with the question 'Who are we' than we have.
The reason for this is the West was always the exploring kind. We in the East are more of the lazy kind. As of now, I attribute the lack of exploration from the East as a whole, only to the Hindus, of course, because we all know where Muslims and Buddhists stand on that.
I understand fully well that when I say India has not had that many confrontations with the question 'Who are we', I mean the Hindus of India alone.
The time for pride at the fact that the question who are we does not throw us off our feet is long gone.
Forget about pride, even pity cannot come in the way of the onlooker to feel contempt. This contempt, however, is to individuals, to the society, not to the country, of course.
To all Hindus I speak,
Please take a close look, when asked, who are we, we jumped out of our skin, we scrambled for an answer, we tried to pick a fight, we procrastinated, we did all we could to not look into the mirror.
I request all Hindus,
to take a look into the mirror.
Wherever you are in India,
you will only see who you are, in the mirror.
It is okay to not like what you see,
But you must look in the mirror. 
Now, the upside of this is if the entity asking us who we are is an entity that is totally clueless, then the question does not carry any weight.
It is laughable at best.
And I think, go ahead, we surely can afford a few good laughs on the way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home