Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Poem-Dec 11



If you are unable to understand something, or if you do not care about it enough, you just let it go and make many different excuses for letting something go.
Unfortunately, you no longer have the option of letting it go.
Man or woman, whoever you may be.
You will have to ensure that you understand it all.
Otherwise, to hell with you all.
So if we talk about feminism, we must understand it truly.
What we mean when we talk about feminism must only be equality.
If it means superiority of some sort to you, you are not only being untrue to yourself, but also to the cause of equality itself.
Why feminism you can ask me,
Isn't it a man-hating, dreary world - the world of feminism?
No dear sir/ma'am
It is not half as dreary as you imagine at all
I say to all the men and women asking that question.
We have our friends,
And we do have pleasant times
once in a while when our mood permits.

Are you not sick and tired of ism/schism?

Not at all,
I am just beginning to enjoy them.

Between the two genders, a healthy competition is the only way to interact.
It keeps both on their toes, always.
I must always be competing to be in the game.
called life.

I say compete, because both must be at the top of their game to make it together as one.
And the only way is to forget about the flaws of each other and get on with it.
So for me feminism is this,
I will not be blamed for any mishap
to ensure that I am not blamed
I must not be to blame.

So for me feminism is this.
There is no way on earth you can put the blame on me.

That came out strongly because of this slight kapha dosha I have, please pardon.

And because I was born a woman, try as I may to lie, I cannot be a man.
Feminism allows me to be a woman.
That's it.

If when we talk about oppression in the past, you wince,
that is only because you may have been guilty of it,
If you laugh,
I understand you have noticed it.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home