Saturday, June 17, 2006

overrate this

I am great with goodbyes. I do just what is expected. I cry.
For a very long time I preferred not to sit on the window that faced towards the place I was leaving, in the vehicle I travelled in. (Mostly trains, because trains can/should be romanticised). I told myself it is because if disown is what I must, I should go ahead and hurry. And I would rather feel the wind in my face, blowing from the place I was going to. Now, I feel it is just a theory I loved to have, but didnt actually mean.
At the risk of exposing the unhappening nature of my life, I must admit, I havent left many cities/homes behind. I havent had to start all over again many times.
But each time I left anything, it was in a shade of grey (early morning journeys). It was liquid and blurry (not only because most journeys are badly planned). When I left Ahmedabad, it was azaan time. Calling me to close my eyes.

2 Comments:

Blogger G! said...

that was really beautiful. i hate the goodbyes, because i cry too. but the last time i said goodbye to people i went through it without any such problems. funny no? when you feel it the most, you end up too numb to show what you're feeling.

7:14 AM  
Blogger rama srinivasan said...

goodbyes... having recently said the most difficult and emotionally draining goodbye of my life, i feel they are somewhat romanticised. life is open-ended, so why say goodbye. i have left many cities, homes, people, i don't think i belong to many of them. i belong to some people and i dont think i will say goodbye to them. i did once and it was the most painful... and quite unexpectedly

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home