Monday, April 13, 2015

Ego

I feel it is very important for me to remember my ephiphanies. Today I have one that I want myself to remember in times of strife.
In the morning I thought about the feeling of existential angst. I believe we threaten each other's existence because of our egoes. By this I mean ego of an individual, family, neighbourhoods, country, and our race. At this point, I am grateful that I am a human being and can write, feel and think this way and that is one of the reasons I write :)
Back to my experience with the ego: I for a large part of my life believed I do not have much of an ego.This could be because in conversations we chide people for being egotistic, we shun ego. So I wanted to be someone with less of an ego. And that I think is a noble quality to have, aspiring to be beyond ego.
However, this is not possible without first understanding what your ego is doing to you. It is important to confront it every time and kill the ego each time. Why I insist on killing the ego is that is the only thing we should want to kill (if it is not for food).
If we take the ego out of any situation, we can feel more deeply, work more sincerely and live out our lifetime as a race. Together. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home