Thursday, July 30, 2020

Spit on you

Disclaimer: I have not gone through the how-many-ever-paged NEP 2020.

However, here’s what I have to say about it.

When a policy comes out, one must goes through it and understand it to present a well-balanced critique of it. However, for that, the first condition is that one must trust the intent of the policy makers. Then hours can be spent on discussing how the policy can be implemented, or how it will pan out in the future, etc, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not mistrust the present dispensation’s intent at all. It is just that I am all too painfully well aware of what its intent is.

And it is the intent I have a problem with.

I, a citizen of India, disagree and reject this government’s intent. You may impose a hundred policies, and a hundred other new administrative bodies on me. I refuse to doubt for one second that your intent is something other than what I know it to be. 

I may not step out of my home and I may not even write, but I protest, with every fibre of my being -- your intent. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home