Sunday, February 14, 2016

Absolution

Nida  Fazli passed away on February 8, 2016. A poet is no more.
Poets understand some things about life and they tell us in a way that suits our senses. We listen to these words, sometimes get titillated, sometimes, not even that. The poet goes along to a realm where there are no words or no senses. 

I was a poet once, then I got intoxicated 
with the effect the senses produce,
I decided I owe nothing to nobody,
as long as I have these senses to sway in. 

I realise I have erred,
And want absolution, NOW

There is no absolution for the condemned.
And we must be condemned. 

The prisons we have built are overflowing with people who have not even undergone trial for their crimes. They are awaiting a judgement while serving their terms.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home